Burns Scalo Real Estate is a luxury real estate firm that manages a portfolio of 5.2 million square feet valued at more than $1 billion. The organization’s development, brokerage, and management services unify to create spaces people want to come to not just have to. Allowing business owners to attract the brightest talent and giving the brightest talent more of what they love.
We are looking for a numbers guru with a keen eye for detail to join our growing Accounting Team! This role works close with the CFO and is responsible for management of accounting duties in order to support BSRE’s business functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting.
- Prepare all property financial reports, including peer and supervisor reviews, on a monthly basis in preparation for financial review meetings.
- Maintain accurate PPE files and complete year end packets.
- Prepare property budgets on a yearly basis.
- Ensure billing is completed consistently and on schedule.
- Oversee and perform invoicing, calculations, requests or discrepancy resolution.
- Develop and implement processes to improve efficiency of accounts payable and receivable functions while maintaining accuracy and compliance.
- Work with facilities to improve approval time and invoice accuracy to minimize errors and inefficiencies.
- Reconcile monthly bank accounts for non-flow through and flow through entities.
- Oversee AWA and buying pool processes are properly followed including appropriate documentation and payment tracking. Procedures should be followed in a timely manner and with minimal errors.
- Supervise accounts payable and accounts receivable process and record keeping.
- Accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field preferred. Demonstrated related experience may substitute for preferred education.
- Strong data management and data processing skills.
- Real estate license preferred or willing to obtain within the first six months of employment required.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Organized with ability to multi-task while keeping track of priorities and maintaining big picture focus.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.