Burns Scalo Real Estate is a luxury real estate firm that manages a portfolio of 5.2 million square feet valued at more than $1 billion. The organization’s development, brokerage, and management services unify to create spaces people want to come to not just have to. Allowing business owners to attract the brightest talent and giving the brightest talent more of what they love.
Principal (Essential) Duties
The Project Engineer is paired with a superintendent and project manager to gain on site experience for a minimum of one full year on site. Training focuses on construction operations, client development and management, subcontractor relations, project planning, site safety, corporate culture and organizational skills, to promote and succeed as an assistant project manager or assistant superintendent in the future.
- Maintain adherence to and champion others to embrace BSRE high standards of quality and safety.
- Set up and maintain a jobsite office. Install proper site signage and postings.
- Set up and maintain all onsite construction documents, including plans, specifications, shop drawings, as-built drawings and associated revisions.
- Manage job processes including Requests for Information (RFI’s), submittals, Change Order Logs, meeting minutes, and invoices. Review and log subcontract change orders.
- Assist with bidding, qualifying and awarding process for all subcontractors for individual projects. Assist with the preparation and presentation of the project Bid Book to tenants and/or ownership. Value engineer job costs and negotiate as necessary.
- Communicate current and accurate information to team members regarding projects. Facilitate distribution of information between clients and vendors with project manager approval.
- Develop budget summaries based on broker information and site survey.
- Track all bids received, update bid summaries regularly, and create and present bid book to tenants or landlords.
- Create and issue all LOI’s and contracts to the subcontractors. Maintain communication and ensure proper tracking of all subcontractor correspondence.
- Collaborate with the superintendent to form a project plan and assist with quality control.
- Ensure all correspondence, submittals and RFI’s are prioritized and executed to prevent project delays.
- Order and track all materials and manage delivery schedules. Oversee construction schedule and proactively manage potential issues and delays.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred.
- Previous experience on commercial job sites strongly preferred.
- Passion for construction and our industry. Ability to recognize and seek quality.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, flexible, diligent with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in occupied buildings and coordinate with property and facility management team to ensure proper communication.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including decision-making, positive attitude, passion for construction, effective communication, taking initiative and demonstrating BSRE’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of building strong internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously, read construction drawings and organize resources effectively.
- Working knowledge of or ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including (but not limited to) Microsoft Office, Adobe, Microsoft Project Scheduling, PlanGrid, etc.
- Knowledge of current market conditions including pricing conventions and trends.