Burns Scalo Real Estate is a luxury real estate firm that manages a portfolio of 5.2 million square feet valued at more than $1 billion. The organization’s development, brokerage, and management services unify to create spaces people want to come to not just have to. Allowing business owners to attract the brightest talent and giving the brightest talent more of what they love.
The Lease Administrator is a cross-disciplinary role that will support the Burns Scalo Real Estate ambition to "Lease Faster."
Strategically seated within the Brokerage Team, the Lease Administrator works with Director of Growth Marketing to maintain electronic files as well as abstracts in Yardi, monitor and report out critical lease information and relevant market data. Additionally, the Lease Administrator will be responsible for key phases of the leasing process, including populating lease templates and monitoring critical dates throughout the lease term.
The Lease Administrator will initiate the commission payment process with the Accounting team and will be responsible for performing contract administration functions and tracking tenant/vendor certificates of insurance.
- Abstract all new leases and entering pertinent information into Yardi software.
- Create and maintain a system of tracking expiration dates of leases.
- Create and maintain a system of tracking approaching option dates.
- Ensure certificates of insurance are current, commencement exhibits are executed, and security, deposits are collected and correctly entered in Yardi.
- Manage the commission calculation & payment process according to each listing /commission agreement.
- Coordinate attendance at weekly Brokerage Department meetings.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining information for market surveys, occupancy reports/rentrolls, lease expiration reports, rollover reports, space availability reports, stacking plans and various other reports as requested or necessary for the portfolio.
- Assist counsel and business leaders with due diligence and closings.
- Prepare correspondence to tenants and vendors.
- Minimum 3 years accounting and/or commercial lease administration experience.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field preferred. Demonstrated related experience may substitute for preferred education.
- Experience reading and interpreting real estate leases, including all related lease documents, is essential.
- Strong data management and data processing skills.
- Experience with Yardi and Voyager software programs preferred.
- Real estate license preferred or willing to obtain within the first six months of employment required.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and computer literate with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Organized with ability to multi-task while keeping track of priorities and maintaining big picture focus.
- A proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.